Friday, January 13, 2012

Soothing Hot Chocolate

My version


Nothing can be more soothing and relaxing than snuggling on a cozy chair, holding a cup of rich Hot Chocolate in your hands and sipping from it.. I truly appreciate the blissful mood I'm carried into as I sip that hot Chocolate, looking out of the window on a cool, dark, rainy day while watching the raindrops chase each other down the glass.. Open the window and feel the cool breeze gently brushing across my face carrying with it the vapours of my hot chocolate ticking my senses with its aroma, whispering the music of the rain into my ears.. bringing a bright smile on my face.. aaah!! I can feel that bliss already! :) The added company of a good book for those book-lovers, would be the most gleeful retreat.



Ingredients :







Fresh Milk
-

2 cups
Coco Powder
-

2 teaspoons
Plain Cooking Chocolate
-

4 squares
Coffee or espresso powder
-

1/2 teaspoon
Sugar
-

3 teaspoons
Vanilla essence
-

1/2 teaspoons


Preparation Method :

Add sugar to the milk and bring to a boil.


Melt the chocolate and whisk into a fine paste. I microwave it, if you want to use the traditional method of melting it under a hot water bath, you can do so as well.. :)


Yummmmmm...mmm.. mmmmm.... :) 
That's just exaggeration. actually, I'm not a big fan of chocolates.. But, I love hot chocolate, chocolate ice-cream, chocolate cake and chocolate chip smoothie :)

Next, sift the coco powder. It is important, or else you will end up with a drink having unresolved lumps of bitter coco.


Whisk in some hot milk into the chocolate and add the vanilla.


Pour in the chocolate into the milk.


Add the coco powder and stir well.


Add the coffee powder. Stir well.


Blend well and pour into a cup..


Pick the cup and go snuggle on your favourite cozy spot and indulge yourself in some sweet relaxation :)

Serves 2



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.. :) Write to me here..