Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Simple Trifle Pudding

My Version


Here at my end of the world, most kids have finished their exams and have come to the end of an academic year. Well, since this is a really short break, most of them will be home. This utterly simple trifle is dedicated to those kids, who want to try their hands on some cooking experiments. It's an absolutely easy recipe anyone can make.. Come join me..

The first time I had trifle pudding, I looked curiously at the glass and was imagining how creative the inventor of this dessert must have been. Beautiful colours and an amazing blend of flavours. I didn't know the name of the dessert then, and I wanted to create something like it, without actually referring to its actual recipe. I sat and gave a thought as to how I could bring in this amazing colour combination along with an amazingly melt in the mouth flavour. Thus, I came up with this version. I made this a couple of times and once when a friend had it, she told me that it was quite similar to trifles. Well, that's when I got to know that it was called trifle pudding. Anyway, trifles is one recipe I have still not referred to and so if this isn't anywhere close to the real trifles, then, call it by a name you like :)

Ingredients :



Fruits of your choice (diced)
-

3 cups
Jelly (preferably strawberry flavour)
-

1 packet
Almonds and Pistachios (chopped)
-

A handful each
Custard Powder
-

5 tablespoons
Fresh Milk
-

700ml
Sugar
-

5 tablespoons or more
Cake slices
-

As required
Whipping cream mix
-

1 sachet
Chocolate (of your choice)
-

As required
Strawberry syrup
-

As required




Preparation Method :

Use transparent glasses for making trifles. You can make them in one single bowl as well.


Dice some fresh fruits of your choice. I'd suggest apples, pineapples, banana, grapes, orange, kiwi, strawberry. Make sure they are all sweet and not sour. Layer a scoop of fruits into the bottom of the glass.


To make Jelly, follow the preparation instructions given on the packet, which will most likely be - Add 1 cup of hot water to 1 sachet of powder. Stir well until all the granules dissolve and then pour in 1 cup of chilled water.
Pour this liquid into each glass, enough to cover the fruits.


Top it with the chopped or sliced pistachios and almonds.



Refrigerate for 2 hours.


Meanwhile make the custard. We need thick custard. For that, bring 700ml of fresh milk to a boil. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. In a bowl, combine 5 heaped tablespoons of custard powder with 3 tablespoons of milk or water. 


Into the mixture, slowly pour in the boiled milk as you whisk well into a thick custard. Wisk occasionally until it cools down to room temperature.


Then pour in some custard into each glass and refrigerate for half an hour.



Cut out some cake slices into circles that fit in correctly into the glasses. 


Crumble the left out cake pieces and layer on top of the custard. Then place each circular cake slice on top. 


Pour in some more custard and refrigerate.


Just before serving, whip up some cream (dessert whipping cream).


Top above the custard. Garnish with chocolate flakes (galaxy ripple is apt), nuts, strawberry or chocolate syrup etc.. 


Be creative..



It's as easy as that to come out with a fancy dessert. Why not try it and show off to your friends ;)



2 comments:

  1. I will try this insha allah....tempting and very easy to make

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! :D Don't forget to send a snap :) Also try the Pineapple Pudding, Tiramisu and the Blueberry cheesecake! :D Trust me, it will all be one better than the other and a super hit!! :) Best wishes :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you.. :) Write to me here..